Order of the Arrow
The mission of the Order of the Arrow is to fulfill its purpose as an integral part of the Boy Scouts of America through positive youth leadership under the guidance of selected capable adults.
For more than 90 years, the Order of the Arrow (OA) has recognized Scouts and Scouters who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives. Arrowmen are known for maintaining camping traditions and spirit, promoting year-round and long term resident camping, and providing cheerful service to others. Greenwich Scouting’s OA is the Achewon Netopalis Lodge. The lodge's name translates to "Spiritual Warrior" in the Algonquian language. The Greenwich Council's OA was founded in 1949 and their lodge totem is a green witch. Please check out the council calendar for OA events and meetings.
2023 Upcoming OA Events:
- January 20th and 22nd Section Winter Fellowship and Training weekend and COC (Council of Chiefs) at Schiff Scout Reservation, Wading River NY. Registration link is here
- March and April - Unit Elections will be taking place
- April Service Project at Seton Scout Reservation. Date to be Determined
- May 13th Campfire Program at the Spring Camporee.
- May 19th and 20th Ordeal and Brotherhood Ceremonies
- June 4th Pancake breakfast at the Spring Cuboree
- June 9th through 11th Section Conclave at Schiff Scout Reservation, Wading River NY.
Achewon Netopalis Lodge 2023 Youth Leadership
Alex LaPadula - Lodge Chief
Ben Levine - Ceremonies Vice Chief
Andrew LaPadula - Inductions Vice Chief
Andrew Hanna - Program Vice Chief
Justin Qu - Secretary