Thank you for re-registering your Scouting program!
The Charter Organization Rep, Committee Chairman, Unit Leader, or any key 3 delegate has the ability to submit the Renewal. Rechartering can be done from your home or office anytime that it’s convenient for you. The new system allows a unit to indicate returning members, add new members, and update information for an individual or the chartered organization. On-line rechartering ensures that unit and member information will be correct because the unit will be completing the renewal information.
Unit Charter Renewal System Tutorial
To learn more about how Internet Rechartering works download the Internet Rechartering 2.0 User Guide (9/12/2022 update) or consult the Internet Recharter Responses to Forum-Related Questions/Discussions .
Please review the Internet Recharting 2.0 FAQ List for more information on the new system.
Access to the Internet recharting 2.0
Your unit's access to the rechartering system is automatically given to the units's Key 3 (Charter Organization Rep, Committee Chairman, Unit Leader) or any key 3 delegate that has been chosen by the unit previously.
Everything is completed on line. Documents are uploaded as well online. The only paperwork that you will have to submitt at this point is the following:
- Any adult apllications for new leaders
- Any adult applications for postion changes (adult leaders)
- Any youth applications that have not been turned in previously (this includes any applications for Webelos to Scout transfers
The best opportunity to ensure all recharter paperwork is complete is to take advantage of meeting with your District Executive.
What about the Signatures Needed
Once submitted, the Key 3 and Key 3 Delegates will receive an email requesting a digital signature. If necessary, the CC, UL and Key 3 Delegate may sign on behalf of the COR.
Youth Protection Policy
Every adult with the BSA must complete Youth Protection Training (YPT). Each adult being re-registered with a unit must have YPT within the last two years and current at the time of reregistration.
Unit representatives will not be able to reregister any adult whose YPT is not current at the time of recharter.
Background Check Disclosure Forms
Please remember that every adult must have signed and completed the Additional Disclosures & Background Check Authorization form. These need to be placed on file a the council office. The BSA will now also perform periodoc rechecks of criminal backgrounds to support the continued safety of youth in our programs. These forms need to be included in your packet when it is turned in.
- $80 for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts participants
- $50 for Exploring participants
- $25 one-time joining fee for new program participants in Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scouts (Not pro-rated, no change in cost)
- $30 for council-paid memberships
- $25 for Merit Badge Counselors (New Fee applies only for Merit Badge Counselors not already registered as leaders)
- $60 for all adult volunteers ($15 increase to provide general liability insurance and enhanced background checks)
- $100 for a unit charter fee
- $15 for Scout Life magazine subscription
Additional Unit Accident & Sickness Insurance
The form for the additional accident and Sickness Insurance can be accessed by clicking below in the resource section. The fee for the additional insurance is a $1.00 per person (adult or youth). This will be paid directly to the Council.
Important to Print!
Please take the time to Print and review the charter prior to submitting the final document. Once the document is submitted you will not be able to go back and print the Charter.
As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to Chris at the Council Service Center. You can also email him by clicking here
This page will be updated as any changes are updates are released.