Flags on Veterans’ Graves
What: Placing American flags on veterans graves at Putnam Cemetery before Memorial Day
When: Monday, May 18, evening (raindate TBD)
Where: Putnam Cemetery (off Parsonage Rd), *Meet at the flag pole in Putnam Cemetery OR the large cross in St. Mary's Cemetery*
Who: Scouts and family members
Add’l Info: Class A Uniform requested. Tentative plan is that Boy Scouts can meet around 5pm, Cub Scouts are encouraged to arrive around 6pm.
Contact: Jim Heavey email@example.com if your Pack or Troop plan to be involved so he can let the American Legion know.
Earn Community Service Hours at the Save the Children Mini Marathon
WHAT......Save the Children Mini Marathon
TASKS.....Set up 4 tables and man the 2 water stations for the mini marathon
WHEN......Saturday May 30th....8:30-11am
WHERE....Tod’s Point Clambake area
INTERESTED?.....If you are interested in helping and earning Community Service hours please contact Mrs Broderick firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenwich Town Party Help
Who: Cub Scouts (with parental supervision), Boy Scouts, some Adult volunteers (*AT THIS TIME WE HAVE ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS*)
What: This year Scouts and Scouters have been asked to greet and handout red poppies to attendees at the Greenwich Town Party.
When: Saturday, May 23, 2015 – 10am to 7pm (several shifts)
Where: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park (exact location TBD)
- Please wear a uniform, if you have one.
- Younger Cub Scouts can sign up for a one hour shift with one parent/adult volunteering with them.
- Webelos and Boy Scouts can sign up for 2 hour (or more) shifts.
- Adults volunteering will be asked to supervise participating Scouts for 2 hour shift, as well as hand-out poppies and greet attendees.
There is a limited number of volunteer positions.
- All volunteers will receive a pass to the full day of events at the Greenwich Town Party.
Contact: Jessica Reid 203-869-8424 x112, Jessica.Reid@Scouting.org
Greenwich Town Party Website: http://greenwichtownparty.org/