Greenwich Green & Clean Townwide Spring Cleanup Day and Cellphone Recycling Day
Saturday, May 10th
STOP at any TOWN FIREHOUSE from 8 AM to NOON for:
Ø CERTIFICATES FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE
Ø LITTER BAGS, GLOVES & REFRESHMENTS
Ø TRADE IN TRASH FOR SPRING PLANTS!
Ø DUMPSTERS AVAILABLE ALL DAY
TO HELP OR TO REPORT A DIRTY SITE: (203) 531-0006 • firstname.lastname@example.org
GREENWICH TOWN PARTY HELP is needed Saturday, May 24th!!
Again this year Greenwich Boy Scouts and adult volunteers have the unique opportunity to volunteer before or during the popular Greenwich Town Party event and then get to use the event passes for the entire day!! This year, especially with the expansion of the party to two locations, quality volunteer help is needed more than ever. Scouts, don't forget that you can receive community service credit for your time!
Date: Saturday, May 24, 2014
Where: Greenwich Town Party, Roger Sherman Baldwin Park (by I-95 Exit 3) & Havemeyer Field (off of Greenwich Avenue and behind Town Hall)
Who: Boy Scouts and Adult Volunteers
Specific Volunteer Opportunities:
Volunteers are needed (after school) on Friday, May 23rd for set-up
· Set-up Community Service Tables/Chairs
· Help put up signage and banners
· Assist with any other set-up needs
Volunteers are needed at the Greenwich Town Party on Saturday, May 24th at 2 different locations: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park (RSBP) & Havemeyer Field (HF)
· 9am – 10am on-site at each venue at least one hour prior to the gates opening to 'police' and cleaning up any/all debris so that each venue is clean and pristine before the gates open
· 10am - 2pm Oversee 'Children's Activities' Areas at both venues (looking for 4 uniformed Scouts and one adult per Children’s Activities Area
· 10am - 10pm at RSBP & 10am - 9pm at HF (Choose your hours)
o Assist in directing attendees at the 'Check-In' Area. i.e. directing attendees to the next available individual for wrist-banding, at both venues
o Greeting and directing attendees at the Scanner Area where every ticket needs to be scanned, at both venues.
o At Havemeyer Field, overseeing the steps down to the lower Havemeyer Field.
· A Scout or Scouts can 'tweet' on Twitter, Facebook Posts with pictures, etc. at both venues. i.e. Greenwich Town Party Social Media
· Help is needed at the Greenwich Scouting table in the non-profit area at RSBP. Typically this is from 10am – 2pm, but may go longer this year.
Contact Jessica Reid to sign-up and for more information.
Local Red Cross Needs Help Year-Round
Date: There are 13 to 15 events each year beginning in March and ending with the “Jingle Bell Jog” in early December, most events are on the weekend.
Who: Qualified people for their FASB Team (First Aid Standby Team)
Contact: To become a Metro NY North Volunteer please contact Andrew Sindell at Andrew.Sindell@redcross.org or call 203-869-8444 x122
FASB Info Flyer